Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rajiv Gandhi - 18th death Anniversary

Photo courtesy: The WWW

Tomorrow marks the 18th death anniversary of Mr.Rajiv Gandhi the ex-Prime Minister of India.

21 May 1991, that was the day his life was taken away ! He was only 47 years old when he was assassinated.

I was shocked and ashamed that it happened on 'Tamil' soil, in India, assassinated ruthlessly by a suicide squad from Sri Lanka sent by LTTE.

I remember the deserted roads, the shocked faces, the processions and the hours before TV mourning my beloved Prime Minister's death.

That was the day I lost any impression I had, about Velupillai Prabhakaran, the leader of LTTE who masterminded the assassination.

Today, we've come a full circle. The mastermind is also gone along with his family.

May Rajiv's soul rest in peace.

Let the world know that violence is no answer to anything !