Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Worldwide Photo walk

(With family - May-10-2009)

One of my friends at work mentioned about 'WORLDWIDE PHOTO WALK'.

This year it is on July-18-2009 a Saturday.

Photo walk is a social photography event where photographers get together, usually in a downtown area or trendy section of town to walk around, shoot photos, and generally have fun with other photographers.. They finally meet in a Pub, Pizza place or a restaurant, socialize and leave. Of course there is a competition and prizes.

The best part I like in this, is the socializing. I am hoping to meet some good photographers and take some tips/notes.

I've joined the
'Santa Cruz Group' and I am looking forward to the event.

Here are some stats from last year's event:


8.324 photographers register for local walks
47 Countries had participating cities
44 States in the US had Photo Walks
We had a total of 236 cities worldwide
More than 1,017,125 photos were taken on walks that day



If there is a group in your city why not join and have some fun !

If you don't have a group please start one and participate !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello narayanan,

From your photo, you are ressembling Sandip Patil, the yesterday cricketer

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Hi Anon,

Thank you for your thoughts.

Not sure if I look like Sandeep, but I was a big fan of him during the 80's !!

B said...

I will checkout the link you gave. It will be interesting experience to meet other photographers. I take a lot of pictures during my travels but somehow have not been able to really get them to share properly. I use picasa...and hence just put them on a blog whereas I guess everybody is on flickr.

Anyway, check out some of the pictures I have on my blog.