Thursday, March 10, 2005

Soon to be Parents - This is for you

Cord Blood Banking


I read an interesting column today about The First stem cell bank in India .

I didn't know about umblical cord blood banking until recently. I feel sad that I missed out on banking my chidren's cord blood.

For all of you who plan to have a baby, I think it would be very wise idea to store the Cord blood considering the potential benefits.

I am sure there would be tons of links on this subject in the Net. Here is some information on this topic from The source I trust and here is a touching success story.

2 comments:

saranyan r said...

hey thanks for the link.

stem cell research is vital. but with the right-wing lobbyists around here, its an uphill task.

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Saranyan, Thanks.

You are right, but then I think things will change as time goes by.

I think it is vital too..and I am glad several countries are taking a lead in this matter.