Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My Uncle 'Vadhoolan'

'Vadhoolan' is the Pen name of my Uncle Lakshmanan. For those of you who read Tamil magazines, you might have read short stories written by 'Vadhoolan'.

Lakshmana Mama is my mother's first cousin. From the time I've known him, he has always been writing stories / columns in leading Tamil magazines. One of his favorite writers is Sujatha. Thanks to Mama, I got interested in reading and writing as well. Mama had a good collection of English / Tamil books. He was working in Canara Bank and would get tranferred to different cities. On one such transfers he left his book collection in my house and I had the opportunity to read a few books.

Mama would get as compliments or buy almost all Tamil magazines. He would read with interest all the magazines cover to cover and would painstakingly take out the weekly chapters of Large Novels and would later bind them and get them signed by the authors. I've seen all of Kalki's Novels, collected and bound by Mama and have read with a lot of interest ' Sivakamiyin Sabadham'.


Uncle Vadhoolan and I

My mother mentioned a few weeks back that one of Mama's latest books on Investment in stocks is selling like hot cakes. She didn't tell me the title. I wanted to congratulate Mama for writing the book.

Voila ! Today while I was browsing one of my favorite sites I saw this Column on his book.

Mama, in case you read this blog, "Hats off to you". Congratulations and keep up the good work.!!

1 comment:

Simulation said...

http://simulationpadaippugal.blogspot.com/

Please see the above url where I have given a link to your post.

- Simulation