Monday, July 27, 2009

The White Tiger - Piece of Art !

Photo courtesy: WWW

Anger - That was my emotion when I finished Arvind Adiga's
'The White Tiger' a few weeks back. Angry at the society, politicians and everything else that drove that story to the finish.

Empathy - That was my emotion when I finished 'The Kite Runner' a few days back. Too emotional that I had to skip a few pages in the closing chapters !!

Both 'The White Tiger' and 'The Kite Runner' are amazing books. They definitely deserve all the praises/prizes that has been showered upon them.

First 'White Tiger':

It's a shame that I didn't read enough reviews of this wonderful novel by my fellow bloggers. Bloggers who usually cover John Grisham, Chetan Bhagat and the likes.

Bloggers who read and write about books glorifying the homeland. Bloggers who write about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs !

For some weird reason they have all ignored reading this wonderful novel, or for some reason never wrote about how good the book is !

This book is 100% fact...though it's wonderfully woven into a great story. Not sure if the author was angered by the happenings in the society..but that's what it looks like to me. My blood pressure was definitely higher that 120/80 as I read thru this story !

One of my fellow Desi blogger mentioned - PEOPLE FEEL THAT THE BOOK WAS WRITTEN FOR THE WEST ! What a shame. So much of ignorance I thought.

Every Indian, every young and old Indian alike must read this book..read it loud 100 times ! I wish they translate this wonderful book into the other Indian languages.

I wish I could meet with Mr.Arvind Adiga, to shake his hands for a great story.

2 comments:

MR.EITTIVAT said...

To: mother and father The Thomas Family very well I be proud
Be pleasantly warm.

Dear friend,
You must be very surprised to receive a letter from somebody you don't know. I got your blogger address.
First of all may I introduce myself. My name is Eittivat. I am a 47 year-old-man and I was born in Kron Kran. But now I live in Bangkok. I am working in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi College, Bangkok, Thailand. My English is not very good. So please don’t mind if you might find some mistakes and strange expressions in my communication with you. I live in Thailand and I want to make friend with you by exchanging letters by e-mail. You are free to ask me anything you want to know about Thailand. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask me.
I will tell you more about myself by next letter.
I'll be very happy if we could become friends by exchanging
Letters once in a while. I am looking forward to hearing
from you soonest. Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,
Mr. Eittivat Rattanapongbo

5/488 Nuntawan 5 country soi 23 thanon Liab Walee NongChok Bangkok Thailand 10530
Tel. 089 – 019 –2607 E- mail: Eittivat2506@gmail.com
http://siameducationshop.blogspot.com/

Sumi said...

hmm, interesting! the book is on my shelf for quite some time, just didn't feel like opening. will start reading it right away, thanks for the reminder review :}