Sunday, January 11, 2009

Congratulations AR Rahman and SDM crew

Photo courtesy : The WWW

From a young boy who carried his dad's keyboard to renters !! to the proud winner of the Golden Globe award today, Dileep Kumar alias AR. Rahman has come a long way indeed.

I couldn't control my emotions when I saw him winning the Golden Globe award for the best Soundtrack for Slumdog Millionaire.

I felt very proud and happy indeed. I was able to tell my kids...that someone from India is finally knocking at the Oscars!

I am sure ARR / Slumdog Millionaire will win an Oscar this year ! GGs are usually the precursors for Oscars!

As I go to bed I ask myself, what would be the one top song I like from ARR's collection !! Very difficult I must admit.

But my vote would go to 'Thoda Thoda Malarndhadhenna' from Indra.

Congratulations to ARR and everyone who made 'Slumdog Millionaire'.

My prayers and best wishes for an Oscar.


I can't finish without thanking Manirathnam who introduced AR Rahman to the Film world

2 comments:

Jeevan said...

That's a great crown to ARR!!

Ramya said...

We r simply so proud of him.. haa.. how did u pick just one.. ofcoz thoda thoda is a great pick.. I wud be classifying the various genres he has given n try to pick one in each..

ramya