Unable to bear the torture of 'Mega Serials' in SUN TV, I got out of Dish Network and moved to DIRECTV to try VIJAY TV, which is a part of STAR TV Network.
Though the quality of programs is much better than SUN TV, I am surprised and angry at VIJAY TV for taking the US viewers for a ride.
Here are some points that I hate about VIJAY TV.
1) There is a ONE WEEK delay in the programs - As opposed to 12 hour delay of SUN TV.
2) No NEWSCAST. This is unacceptable !
3) No commercials. The previews of other programs are repeated over and over again.
4) Many programs are repeated on a daily basis.
5) Program info is wrong ( Today I was watching a tamil movie - Aadu puli aattam and the info said 'Jalli Kattu' which was showing last week).
6) The monthly charge for this is 15$ which I think is not worth considering all the points above.
If VIJAY TV doesn't make a note of these points I am sure its viewership might not improve in the USA, no matter how the quality is.
For my part, I will pull the plug on VIJAY TV and totally quit watching Tamil Channels.
PS - I wrote to VIJAY TV and got an immediate reply. They said, on Festival days, the delay in progams would be just like SUN, ie 12 hours...which is good..But what about the rest of the issues?