Saturday, April 23, 2005

எனது முதல் புது கவிதை

Finally I managed to type in tamil, thanks to அடேங்கப்பா.

This was my first புது கவிதை. I wrote this sometime in 1980. I took this to இதயம் பேசுகிறது office which was in Guindy ( SPIC Centre), Madras.

I couldn't meet late திரு. மணியன் who was the founder but got the autograph of திரு. தாமரை மணாளன் who was the editor of the magazine. He appreciated my efforts and wished me well.

It was published the very next week.

Here it is...with a lot of thanks to அடேங்கப்பா:

காலையிலே கணிதம்
மும்மதியம் ஆங்கிலம்
பிம்மதியம் தமிழ்

இப்படியே நாங்கள் இங்கு
அவதிப்பட்டு பட்டம் வாங்கி
வேலை இல்லாமல் திண்டாட

அங்கிருந்து எங்களை ஆட்டும்
இறைவா!!

- உன் Qualification என்ன?


I have to mention here that திரு. தாமரை மணாளன் didn't like the word Qualfication என்ன? He changed it to தகுதிதான் என்ன?

13 comments:

Adaengappa !! said...

அடேங்கப்பா !! உங்கள் கவிதை மிகவும் கருத்தழமிக்கது . மீண்டும் உங்கள் படைப்புகளை காண ஆவல் .நன்றி .வணக்கம் !!

Ganesh said...

venkat
let me know your email id
I will mail you.
As far as writing in tamil,
I use murasu anja and http://www.tavultesoft.com/keyman/
this allows input tamil words using notepad or text editor, later i use murusu anjal to convert it back to unicode tamil.
BTW excellent poem.

KKNK

Ram C said...

superb work..

I used the same site, which அடேங்கப்பா suggested, for my blog yesterday... but still to learn a lot..the follwg are the difficulties which I faced...

how to type

டே
ணி
ள் / ளை

etc.,?

Which combinations did you try?

Adaengappa !! said...

dee--டே
dii-டீ
-na ந
Ni ணி

Ram, u gotta use capital letters in English for 3 suzhi letters..
and a -/hyphen for sinna ezhuthukkal..Trial and error..u ll get it..Hope this helps!!

Btw,the unicode tamil equivalents are not displayed correctly in the webpage.

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Adeyangappa - All thanks to you and your website. I wouldn't have attempted if I hadn't seen yours.

Venkat - Can you explain the qualifications of Samiyars?

KKirukkan - Thanks for the comment. I am getting used to the tamil fonts now.

Ram - I hope you got my mail and Adengappa's details as well.

Adengappa - Is the problem in my site.? Display issues? Just wondering.?

Ram C said...

thank you, all...

Adaengappa !! said...

I could read ur tamil blog..i meant the display errors in http://www.jaffnalibrary.de/tools/Unicode.htm

saranyan r said...

super Narayanan...please publich more.

REFLEX said...

Good one.

jack said...

nice one venkat :)

Krish said...

Ji, congratulations on your first புது கவிதை in தமிழ். My parents left for India and your poetry reminded me of the song (now that I am missing my mom and dad):

Kaalaiyil Dhinamum Kan Vizhiththaal
Naan Kai Thozhum Devathai Amma
Anbendraale Amma, En Thaai Pol aagidumaa

Imai poal iravum pagalum ennai kaaththa annaiye
Unathanbu paartha pinbu athai vida
Vaanam bhoomi yaavum siriyathu!

Kay said...

Super !!!

adikadi ithu maathri kavidhaigal pottukitte irunga.

Adaengappa !! said...

http://ezilnila.com/uni_kadduraikal.htm