Sunday, June 05, 2005

Cherries, Kiwi-Fruit, Strawberries, Grapes

I went out with my kids to pick cherries today. The entry fee was 8$ per person. The cherries weren't sprayed. We could eat whatever we wanted while inside. We loved it. Very sweet indeed. On the way back we stopped and took some pictures of a winery, Kiwi Garden and a Strawberry garden.

All these within 10 minutes from my apartment.! Nature at its best.!


At-the-entrance Branch-full All-under-tree
Red-Cherries-Closeup Black-Cherries-closeupGrape-vineyard
Young-grapesStrawberry-boardKiwis-Branch

8 comments:

PVS said...

Should have been quite interesting for all of u. I had once been to a strawberry farm and liked eating those fruits fresh from plucking.

Krish said...

Ji, photos were excellent. We also have a farm (this one for vegetables) quite close to where I live. It is owned by a Mizo Indian who started this after retiring from the Indian embassy in DC. When my parents were here the last time, we went there and picked up okra, eggplant, green chillies etc.

Narayanan Venkitu said...

PVSFirst time for me, It was fantastic and eating it fresh is indeed great. I know Singapore is on the Equator and its very green as well. Do you have vegetable gardens?

Thennavan Thank you. Your parents would have enjoyed it. I am planning to go next week to pick some vegetables.

Ganesh Venkittu said...

adey, is this the same place we went to? what happened to the road where every house will have a lime tree with atleast 1000 limes in each tree? are they still there?

pk said...

They look yummy.

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Grey-Vampire - I am thinking about it. A seperate tamil and photo blog. Let's see. No time...!

Ganesh - I wanted to take some pictures of that Lime tree. It was full of fruits yesterday. I didn't want to solicit...so I left it.

Kaleidoscope - Thanks Ma'am.

Baejaar said...

All that I have experienced is my "kitchen" garden. These snaps were inviting - would have loved to have a go at those fresh cherries.....

The Last Blogger said...

The photos are excellent. Good colors and nice treatment to the colors. Appears you have used a Fuji Finepix.
By the way, what SW did you use to paste the three horizontal pics together ?