I have a gut feeling this test match is going end in a draw.
There are a few reasons why I came to this conclusion :
- Quite a few players in the Indian team have a lot at stake here - about their future.
- The track is getting easier to play.
- The seniors in the Indian team are masters of dead tracks.
- VVS has to do something here to retain his place in the team. A definite big score !
- ST - After everything that has been said and written about SCG and his outings here, I bet will hit a 100 today, if not more !
- Gambhir - that way he is batting, I feel that he is definitely going to stay there long ! Hats off to his positive cricket yesterday ( Good to see him smile finally).
- Virat Kohli - Final call for this youngster ( I didn't like his Middle finger gesture though). I am sure he will also do well in this track.
- Dhoni - He is in decent form and he is also a master of dead tracks.
- Ashwin - A recent 100 against WI gives me a feeling he might also get a big score, considering the track.
- The Tail - We know it can wag big time in good batting tracks !
It was pathetic to see the body language of the Indians when they couldn't get anything going yesterday with Clarke and Hussey. No conversations, no patting the back, nothing ! That's a shame.
Congratulations Ponting, Clarke and Hussey for some wonderful cricket the last few days !